Blackpool Illuminations 2013
What better time for a trip to Blackpool than to see the legendary lights switch on?
Blackpool Illuminations are on untill November 10th this year. All times listed here.
The 2013 Blackpool Illuminations will be switched on by Jonathan Ross on Friday 30th August at approx 9.15pm. The Tower Festival Headland is the venue for the switch on with concerts on Friday night and Saturday nights.
The Friday night concert headline act is Irish Rockers The Script with a one and a half hour set and with guest star singer-songwriter Eliza Doolittle a great night is guaranteed for all.
Saturday night and Festival Tower Headland has perennial favourites, Madness entertains the crowds. Another sure fire night out in Blackpool. Tickets can be purchased for either night or a combined ticket for both nights at a discount.
The Lights shine every year for 66 nights (73 this year) and continue to attract huge crowds. 2013 will see The Lights lit until November 10th so get your break booked now and prepare to be dazzled. A preview night of the illuminations is on Tuesday 27th August when the Promenade is closed to traffic for cycles to Ride The Lights and get a preview of the coming display.
Blackpool lights switch on times vary over the eleven weeks due to the nights drawing in and the clocks going back one hour at the end of October.
What times are the illuminations on? Here is a full list of the programmed switched on times for August, September, October and November 2013. (note times may vary from the schedule due to circumstances on the day).
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for September 2013
- Friday 30th August 9.15pm to 2.00am.
- Saturday 31st August 8.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 1st September 8.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 2nd to Thursday 5th September 8.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 6th and Saturday 7th September 8.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 8th September 8.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 9th to Thursday 12th September 8.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 13th and Saturday 14th September 7.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 15th September 7.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 16th to Thursday 19th September 7.45pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 20th and Saturday 21st September 7.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 22nd September 7.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 23rd to Thursday 26th September 7.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 27th and Saturday 28th September 7.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 29th September 7.15pm to 11.00pm.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for October 2013
- Monday 30th Sept to Thursday 3rd October 7.15pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 4th and Saturday 5th October 7.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 6th October 7.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 7th to Thursday 10th October 7.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 11th and Saturday 12th October 6.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 13th October 6.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 14th to Thursday 17th October 6.45pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 18th and Saturday 19th October 6.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 20th October 6.30pm to Midnight.
- Monday 21st to Thursday 24th October 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 25th and Saturday 26th October 6.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 27th October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for November 2013
- Monday 28th to Thursday 31st October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Friday 1st and Saturday 2nd November 5.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 3rd November 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 4th to Thursday 7th November 5.00pm to 11.00pm
- Friday 8th and Saturday 9th November 5.00pm to Midnight
- Sunday 10th November 5.00pm to 11.00pm
Another question that always surfaces at this time of year is, who switched on the Illuminations in 1973? Or some other year, it was Gordon Banks by the way. Or what year did Status Quo do the switch on (1993). You can find the answer to these and any other questions on our new Who switched on Blackpool Illuminations page.
By: Ray Dexeter. Google
You may also be interested in other Blackpool festivals and events.