What better time for a trip to Blackpool than to see the legendary Blackpool lights switch on?
Blackpool Illuminations are on untill November 8th this year (2015). All times listed here.
The 2015 Blackpool Illuminations will be switched on by a yet to be disclosed celebrity, we shall have the information here when available nearer the date, at approx 9.15pm. The Tower Festival Headland is the venue for the switch on with concerts on Friday night and Saturday nights.
Stunning illuminated Tram on Blackpool Promenade.
To ensure this year’s event is the most spectacular yet, there are a host of new and revamped light displays including Theatre D’Amour, Venus Reborn, Talbot Square and Brilliance, which are all designed to dazzle and delight visitors.
The Lights shine every year for 66 nights, and continue to attract huge crowds. 2015 will see The Lights lit until Sunday November 8th so get your break booked now and prepare to be dazzled. A preview night of the illuminations is on Tuesday 1st September when the Promenade is closed to traffic for cycles to Ride The Lights and get a full preview of the coming 2015 Blackpool Illuminations displays.
Blackpool lights switch on times vary over the nine weeks due to the nights drawing in and the clocks going back one hour at the end of October.
What times are Blackpool illuminations on? Here is a full list of the programmed switched on times for September, October and November 2014. (note times may vary from the schedule due to circumstances on the day).
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for September 2015
- Friday 4th September 9.15pm to 2.00am.
- Saturday 5th September 8.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 6th September 8.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 7th to Thursday 10th September 8.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 11th and Saturday 12th September 7.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 13th September 7.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 14th to Thursday 17th September 7.45pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 18th and Saturday 19th September 7.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 20th September 7.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 21st to Thursday 24th September 7.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 25th and Saturday 26th September 7.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 27th September 7.15pm to 11.00pm.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for October 2015
- Monday 28th Sept to Thursday 1st October 7.15pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 2nd and Saturday 3rd October 7.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 45th October 7.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 5th to Thursday 8th October 7.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 9th and Saturday 10th October 6.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 11th October 6.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 12th to Thursday 15th October 6.45pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 16th and Saturday 17th October 6.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 18th October 6.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 19th to Thursday 22nd October 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th October 6.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 25th October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 26th to Thursday 29th October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Friday 30th October and Saturday 31st October 5.00pm to Midnight.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for November 2015
- Sunday 1st November 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 2nd to Thursday 5th November 5.00pm to 11.00pm
- Friday 6th and Saturday 7th November 5.00pm to Midnight
- Sunday 8th November 5.00pm to 11.00pm
Another question that always surfaces at this time of year is, who switched on the Illuminations in 1973? Or some other year, it was Gordon Banks by the way. Or what year did Status Quo do the switch on, that was 22 years ago in 1993. You can find the answer to these and any other questions on our new Who switched on Blackpool Illuminations page.
You may also be interested in other Blackpool festivals and events.