Blackpool Illuminations 2014
What better time for a trip to Blackpool than to see the legendary Blackpool lights switch on?
Blackpool Illuminations are on untill November 9th this year (2014). All times listed here.
The 2014 Blackpool Illuminations will be switched on by a yet to be disclosed celebrity, we shall have the information here when available nearer the date, at approx 9.15pm. The Tower Festival Headland is the venue for the switch on with concerts on Friday night and Saturday nights.
Stunning illuminated Tram on Blackpool Promenade.
The Friday night concert at Tower Festival Headland will be detailed nearer the date, we shall have information here when available, a great night is guaranteed for all.
To ensure this year’s event is the most spectacular yet, there are a host of new and revamped light displays including Theatre D’Amour, Venus Reborn, Talbot Square and Brilliance, which are all designed to dazzle and delight visitors.
The Lights shine every year for 66 nights, 73 this year, and continue to attract huge crowds. 2014 will see The Lights lit until Sunday November 9th so get your break booked now and prepare to be dazzled. A preview night of the illuminations is on Tuesday 26th August when the Promenade is closed to traffic for cycles to Ride The Lights and get a full preview of the coming 2014 Blackpool Illuminations displays.
Blackpool lights switch on times vary over the nine weeks due to the nights drawing in and the clocks going back one hour at the end of October.
What times are Blackpool illuminations on? Here is a full list of the programmed switched on times for August, September, October and November 2014. (note times may vary from the schedule due to circumstances on the day).
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for September 2014
- Friday 29th August 9.15pm to 2.00am.
- Saturday 30th August 8.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 31st August 8.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 1st to Thursday 4th September 8.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 5th and Saturday 6th September 8.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 7th September 8.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 8th to Thursday 11th September 8.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 12th and Saturday 13th September 7.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 14th September 7.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 15th to Thursday 18th September 7.45pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 19th and Saturday 20th September 7.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 21st September 7.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 22nd to Thursday 25th September 7.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 26th and Saturday 27th September 7.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 28th September 7.15pm to 11.00pm.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for October 2014
- Monday 29th Sept to Thursday 2nd October 7.15pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th October 7.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 5th October 7.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 6th to Thursday 9th October 7.00pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 10th and Saturday 11th October 6.45pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 12th October 6.45pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 13th to Thursday 16th October 6.45pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 17th and Saturday 18th October 6.30pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 19th October 6.30pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 20th to Thursday 23th October 6.30pm to 10.30pm.
- Friday 24th and Saturday 25th October 6.15pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 26th October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
Blackpool Illuminations switch on times for November 2014
- Monday 27th to Thursday 30th October 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Friday 31st Oct and Saturday 1st November 5.00pm to Midnight.
- Sunday 2nd November 5.00pm to 11.00pm.
- Monday 3rd to Thursday 6th November 5.00pm to 11.00pm
- Friday 7th and Saturday 8th November 5.00pm to Midnight
- Sunday 9th November 5.00pm to 11.00pm
Another question that always surfaces at this time of year is, who switched on the Illuminations in 1973? Or some other year, it was Gordon Banks by the way. Or what year did Status Quo do the switch on, that was 21 years ago in 1993. You can find the answer to these and any other questions on our new Who switched on Blackpool Illuminations page.
By: Ray Dexeter. Google
You may also be interested in other Blackpool festivals and events.